Tuesday 8 November 2016

Autumn Walks and Fireworks

As I'm writing this, I am laying all snuggy and warm in bed after a lovely two hour nap, waiting for Teddy to wake from his.
Before Teddy, any opportunity to sneak a little snooze in, I'd take it. I love sleep. Adam has always said "You were born tired, hungry and cold!". But as any other parent in the world now knows, sleep goes out the window once you have children. I can only imagine it gets less and less the more children you have! Usually when Teddy goes down for his nap (which can be over two hours in the afternoon), it's a mad dash to get whatever housework or ironing done. Today I said Sod it and jumped into bed as soon as Teddy went down.
In an update from my last post, I'm pleased (and relieved) to say we are coming out the other side of the horrendous few weeks of lack of sleep and general bad tempered-ness we were experiencing. Teddy's finally sleeping through again and the meltdowns have subsided (not altogether... I still have a toddler remember!). Isn't it strange how when you look back on things, they don't seem as bad as when it was all happening? I can now look back and laugh at him screaming facedown on the floor because I dared to give him the wrong coloured cup. I can now smile back at the time he kicked off and threw all his toys on the floor because I wouldn't let him throw building blocks at me. A few weeks ago I wanted to be the one facedown on the fooor, balling my eyes out.

In an attempt to stop the tantrums and meltdowns, we have tried to keep Teddy busy. I think sometimes he gets bored with it being just the two of us through the week. So walks and visiting people have worked a treat!


On Saturday, it was of course Bonfire Night. We have never been quiet around Teddy (we fitted a brand new bathroom whilst he was napping in his room and it never woke him up) so we thought he would probably be fine, but you never know do you. Well he was totally mesmerised by the fireworks and wasn't at all phased by the really loud ones. I think I missed most of them just watching his reaction!






No comments :

Post a Comment

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100