Tuesday 4 October 2016

Teeth and Scribble

Last week we had another first. Not exactly one I was looking forward to or particularly happy about. It certainly is true what they say, when a child is quiet, they are usually up to no good
Teddy and I had been colouring away on the floor, happy as larry. He loves colouring and has been perfecting his circles for the last week. As usual, he got distracted by another toy and off he wandered, so I took the opportunity to do some writing at the dining room table whilst he was happy entertaining himself.

After a while Teddy pops up beside me, and begins a game of hide and seek behind my chair, giggling every time I turned around. I twist round in my chair shouting "peep-bo!" for the millionth time...Where's Teddy? He was there a second ago... The curtain flutters. Ooohhh hiding behind the curtain now are we? No. No he wasn't. Out he runs, giggling with crayon in hand. In a split second he had grasped a crayon from the floor and scribbled on he wall behind the curtain. He knew perfectly well what he'd done by the look on his face and how he jumped when I pulled back the curtain. Thank goodness it's behind the curtain so you can't see it (I'm sure we will get round to painting it over eventually. Maybe. One day).



On a more sympathetic note...Teeth. What a pain in the bum those little pearly whites are. Teddy hasn't suffered too badly with his teeth coming through, but he has had his moments. From 3 months old he's been munching on his fingers (he never did really take to a teether), drooling bucket loads whilst having burning red rosy cheeks. He didn't cut his first tooth until he was 7 months and some popped through with hardly any trouble at all. 


The poor bear has been so off these last few days, with all the usual symptoms of teething. Sadly it's something us parents can only guess at as he can't tell us what is hurting, how he feels, and what he needs. All is pointing to his second set of molars coming through, but he's been so unwell you begin to wonder, is it his teeth? Is he poorly too? All I feel I can do for him is keep him dosed up on Calpol and offer lots of snuggles. You can never have too many cuddles in my opinion, and I'm getting them whilst I can.


No comments :

Post a Comment

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100