Wednesday 19 October 2016

Nurseries and Dinosaurs

The last few days have been rather hectic. Sadly, my time as a full-time Mum is having to come to an end. Bills need to be paid, food needs to be out on the table and there is still so much to do to the house. I've absolutely loved having all this time with Teddy. He has turned into such a beautiful little boy, always making me smile and laugh, and has certainly kept me on my toes!
But now comes the scary and difficult task of searching for childcare. Where do I even begin? How do I know he will be safe, will get a cuddle when needed? Will the other children be nice to him? Will he eat and drink enough? How often will his nappy be changed? My worries and questions are never ending.
I know deep down he will be fine. He's so strong willed and fiercely independent. But as a mother, the worries just keep coming. So much so I struggled sleeping last night with the pressure of finding childcare suitable for him. I had just drifted off around 1am... when Teddy woke up crying and wanted to come in our bed (with Daisy and Igglepiggle of course!). We finally got settled again and back into our own beds around 2.30am, so I'm one sleepy mama today!



Yesterday, Teddy and I had a trip out into town for a cuppa with Nanny (my mummy), and to look for something smart to wear for my final interview. Teddy's Nanny treated him to a new dressing gown (he'd finally grown out of his 6-12month one and it's getting so cold!). We found an adorable one in Asda. I have to say my bear makes an adorable dinosaur! He is totally obsessed with it, moans when his hood falls down, and couldn't wait to get it on this morning.




As usual, we popped into the lovely independent toy shop to buy a few of the Lanka Kade wooden animals we collect for T; this time was a shark, goat and rhino (he has a tin devoted to his little collection). I adore wooden toys. They are so simple and ooze quality. You can really see Teddy's imagination come into play when he's sorting, standing them up, and remembering what noises they make. I love the idea that they will last forever, and potentially pass them down to his children; full of chips and scratches from his own toddler days.










<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18294887/?claim=fnxw7ef7snj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments :

Post a Comment

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100