Sunday 9 October 2016

Igglepiggle and Upsy Daisy

Turns out the "teething" symptoms may have been a virus after all. I now have it. Oh the joys of sharing germs. Teddy still isn't 100%, but is certainly getting back to his normal crazy, entertaining self.

When my Mum and Dad's grandchildren have been born, they have all received the gift of a special soft toy. My two nephews each have one, B a rabbit and L a dog. Teddy was given a lovely soft Brown Bear. However, T has never really taken to any soft toy, blanket or material object. He has always used his sleeve for comfort by rubbing it on his nose. It's so cute to watch, and one of his little quirks I love. No matter how much I've tried to get him to take to his Brown Bear, it is to no avail. He will always move him to the side, or sit him in the corner of his cot as if to say "he lives there Mummy!".
 

This week my Mum treated Teddy to an Igglepiggle and Upsy Daisy soft toy (from In The Night Garden if you other parents with little ones have been living under a rock the last ten or so years), what with him feeling all sorry for himself, and he loves them. They have been shopping, to the health visitors, he plays with them in the car and they go to bed with him every night. Is it a comfort thing whilst he's not well? I thought maybe it's because he recognises them from the television. No. His favourite programme is Bing and he has a soft toy of him and hardly notices he's there. He surprises me everyday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100